On Wednesday 18th April we went on a class trip to Harcourt Arboretum for the Spring Splendour workshop. During this session we:
• Thought about spring, and how the plants and trees change at this time of year.
• Discovered signs of spring in the Arboretum.
• Observed bud development, and spotted new leaf and flower growth.
• Looked out for some of the Arboretum’s creatures.
• Created spring-themed artwork using natural materials.
We really enjoyed exploring the Arboretum and meeting the peacocks and peahens that live there. We were surprised at how loud they were but thought that their feathers were amazing! We were very lucky with the weather and it was a beautiful, sunny day. Thank you to Teghan from the Arboretum for leading our sessions and thank you to all of the adults who helped on our trip including Mrs Morgan and Mrs Chandler. Take a look at some of the photos that we took during our visit: